[XeTeX] section styling breaks with sections, intercharclasses and fontspec

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sat Nov 14 00:26:46 CET 2009

Pete,
> Maybe this is a bit to simplistic from me, if I do not substitute
> anything but just put 日本語 between { and }...
it's certainly an option, the availability of regex would make it a
quick fix, but it's not ideal =)
> A different approach is one with declaring \cjkfont as a font of four
> variants (can also be a set of four completely different fonts):
Not quite sure what you meant there, since I can't really tell the
difference between the three commands you listed. The first and last
seem identical? At any rate, I tried this for the Kozuka Mincho Pro
fonts by specifying:

\newcommand{\cjkfont}{\setmainfont[BoldFont={* H}]{Kozuka Mincho Pro}}%
bold is the 'heavy' variant

but this doesn't really do much. Without the accolades around the
Japanse, the Japanese still breaks the section formatting (and doesn't
show up bold for that matter).

- Mike