[XeTeX] consternation and confusion - xelatex is generating a blank page in the middle of my document

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 00:58:31 CET 2009

I managed to get the example working by changing some of the font definitions. In my case, the pages are OK, except for a seemingly spurious empty last page. However, this page goes away after commenting the \backmatter command.

Thus, the mystery exists, although I am convinced that somehow the \backmatter is executed before the \longtable is put on the paper resulting in a spurious empty page.

Wilfred