[XeTeX] problem getting small caps

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 00:43:51 CET 2009

On 2009-11-09 08:37:49 +1030, "Fr. Michael Gilmary"
<FrMichaelGilmary at maronitemonks.org>
said:

> Mike Maxwell wrote:
>
>> Whereas \setmainfont finds all the styles if I use the font display
>> name, since the display name for all four styles is the same ("Charis
>> SIL"); it just doesn't find the right external location.
>
> Yes, that would be best and simplest. I'm not sure if fontspec allows
> for loading the main font like this incomplete example, though:
>
> \setmainfont[ExternalLocation=/foo/bar/CharisSIL/,
> BoldFont={ExternalLocation=/foo/bar/CharisSIL/}{CharisSILB.ttf}]{CharisSILR}

didn't realise this part of the documentation was so poorly written (at
some stage I need to re-write the whole thing):

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\begin{document}
\setmainfont [
    ExternalLocation=/Users/will/Fonts/Vera/,
    BoldFont=VeraBd.ttf,
    ItalicFont=VeraIt.ttf,
    BoldItalicFont=VeraBI.ttf,
  ] {Vera.ttf}
test \textit{test} \textbf{test} \textbf{\textit{test}}
\end{document}

Will