[XeTeX] problem getting small caps

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Sun Nov 8 22:44:54 CET 2009

Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 04:26:47PM -0500, Mike Maxwell wrote:
>> Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:
>>
>> Or am I missing something about the syntax of this external location system?
>
> I'd consult fontspec documentation, last time I checked it'd pretty good
> coverage.
> (Hint: there are options to specify bold, italic etc. fonts explicitly)

Yes, fontspec does have that.  But I don't want to specify the bold etc.
using fontspec explicitly, I want to specify that Charis SIL is the main
font using \setmainfont--and in this case, where the font files are
located--and have it find regular, bold etc. styles.  AFAICT, while
\setmainfont and \fontspec take the same parameters, I can't use
\setmainfont to tell it where the four individual Charis SIL font files
are located.  Unless I'm missing something.
--
    Mike Maxwell
    What good is a universe without somebody around to look at it?