[XeTeX] problem getting small caps

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Sun Nov 8 00:26:43 CET 2009

Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:
> Mike Maxwell wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, the older version is in a directory that I don't have
>> write access to, so it will probably be Monday before our IT folks can
>> remove the older font files.
>
> Mike, did you try fontspec's external font location option? (page 7 of
> fontspec.pdf from TL08):
>
> \fontspec[ExternalLocation=/Users/will/Fonts/]{YOUR_FONT_FILE}

No, I hadn't--that confirms that the newer version (4.106) does small
caps.  I'm not sure how to make that work together with \setmainfont,
but now that I know the new font works, that can wait until Monday.

Thanks to all for the help in tracking this one down!
--
    Mike Maxwell
    What good is a universe without somebody around to look at it?