[XeTeX] Sony PRS-600 pdf viewer doesn't detect spaces in xetex-generated .pdf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 6 17:58:37 CET 2009

Am 06.11.2009 um 15:28 schrieb William Adams:

> When viewing a xelatex-generated .pdf, double-clicking on a word
> selects the entire line, not the individual word --- is there an
> easy way to get the spaces explicitly added to the .pdf?

Maybe by inserting "protected" space like NO-BREAK SPACE at U+00A0,
ZERO WIDTH NON-JOINER at U+200C... Any representation of horizontal
space or a "real SPACE character" in TeX is turned into some variable
horizontal span in the PDF output file. You could create some mapping
from any horizontal space to a SPACE character?

Does this person have no problem with PDF files coming from pdfTeX,
Ghostscript (simpdftex), dvipdfm family?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any
direction.