[XeTeX] invalid character "^" and jtree

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Nov 4 23:00:19 CET 2009

At 12:25 PM -0600 11/4/09, Joshua and Amy wrote:
>I'm using Pr. Frampton's pst-jtree package, and I want to create a
>tree with 3 sister nodes. The code I'm using is this:
>
>\jtree
>\! = {poem}
>\endjtree
>

>In the console I'm getting
>
>! JTREE ERROR: INVALID ITEM.
>\jtp at err #1->\errmessage {JTREE ERROR: #1}
>
>l.553 <left>{line} ^<
>                      vert>{line} ^<right>{line}.
>?
>

>My suspicion is that it's related to my using XeTeX. Any thoughts on this?

Two comments: you'll need to post a minimal example; your example
works fine for me, so it's not xetex per se. As you work the file
down to the minimum that fails, you will probably find that some
other package is causing the problem.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{pst-jtree}
\begin{document}
\jtree
\! = {poem}
\endjtree
\end{document}

Second, you'll probably get more help posting your minimal example
(not just a fragment) to the ling-tex mailing list instead of here,
since the jtree packages probably unknown outside of linguistics.

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736