[XeTeX] Book Templates

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 14:25:15 CET 2009

Hey Alan,

Well, in that case, the best way would be the Memoir class. It combines many smaller packages into one integrated class in which you can typeset on a professional level. Beware that memoir may not be the easiest class to start with, but there is an excellent manual and many built-in defaults.

If you want to use the standard book class, then you can customize:

- fancyhdr.sty for headers, footers etc
- quotchap.sty for fancy chapter layout
- caption.sty, caption2.sty, ccaption.sty for captions
- etc

There is a plethora of packages to customize many things. The memoir class incorporates many of these, but if you're willing to spend time you can go look for yourself.

There are also several custom class files. You could do a search for .cls files on your system and read the documentation, but once again, I think the Memoir-class is probably the best course of action.

Please note that all these packages are not specifically for xelatex. They work just as well with old-fashioned latex and pdflatex.

Regards,
Wilfred van Rooijen