[XeTeX] Full page picture issue

James Keirstead james.keirstead at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:54:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a full page picture in a XeTeX document.  I've
found half a dozen threads on the list giving the basic solution but I
still have a niggling problem.

Here's a minimum working example (where "picture" is an a4-sized jpg).

\documentclass[a4paper]{report}
\usepackage[absolute]{textpos}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\begin{document}
\newpage
\thispagestyle{empty}
\begin{textblock*}{\paperwidth}(0mm,0mm)
\noindent\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]{picture}
\end{textblock*}
\mbox{}\newpage
\end{document}

If I compile this with pdflatex, I get exactly what I want: a pdf
document with the picture taking up the full page with no whitespace
at all.  However if I compile it with XeLaTeX, I get a margin of
whitespace 2-3 mm wide at the top and right of the image.

Does any one know what's causing this and I can get rid of it?  (Apart
from increasing the image size and shifting the origin: the following
works but it's ugly)

\begin{textblock*}{\paperwidth}(0mm,-3mm)
\noindent\includegraphics[width=\paperwidth+3mm,height=\paperheight+3mm]{wedding_picture}
\end{textblock*}

Many thanks,
James