[XeTeX] book size options --- help

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed May 27 00:52:11 CEST 2009

On May 26, 2009, at 6:16 PM, Nicolas Vaughan wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. But it appears to be that your command only
> changes the margin sizes, no the page size.

In that case, you may need a technique I've previously described in
messages which I've posted to this list on the physical size of .pdfs
--- one needs to not just specify the page size, but also use specials
which explicitly put this information into the .pdfs.

Using Geometry, something along the lines of:

\documentclass{minimal}

\usepackage[paperwidth=630bp,paperheight=810bp]{geometry}

\usepackage{atbegshi}
\AtBeginShipout{\special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [9.0 9.0 621.0
801.0]>>}}

\pagestyle{empty}

\special{pdf: put @thispage <</TrimBox [9.0 9.0 621.0 801.0]>>}
\begin{document}
Test
\newpage
Test
\end{document}

Easily adapted to Memoir, see the excellent manual for it.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer