[XeTeX] lacking precomposed character

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Tue May 19 01:51:05 CEST 2009

Hi Artemij,

On 19/05/2009, at 9:15 AM, jadolov k wrote:

> Oh, thank you this is almost what I needed.
> I say almost because it works quite well in the middle of a word,
> but if the line contains only that glyph (this is what I've done as
> a first try), the macron ends up to go below the letter, instead of
> going above it...

Aaah; because you are in vertical mode, not horizontal.

You can just do:   \leavevmode\overstrike{..}{..}
or maybe           \null\overstrike{..}{..}   works.

Alternatively, modify the  \overstrike  macro as follows:

   \def\overstrike#1#2{\ifvmode\leavevmode\fi
      \setbox0=\hbox{#1}\setbox1=\hbox{#2}\copy0
      \kern -0.5\wd0 \kern -0.5\wd1 \copy1 \kern -0.5\wd1 \kern 0.5\wd0}

> I wish I knew the syntax of TeX as well as you do, but
> unfortunately I don't. I tried to change some of the parameters of
> the \def you suggested, but it went even worse, so I gave up.
> However, thank you very much.
> A.K.

Hope this helps,

	Ross