[XeTeX] Bengali font with a Bengali name

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon May 18 17:25:32 CEST 2009

Hello.

I wanted to try a Bengali font, SolaimanLipi, which is downloadable
here:

	http://ekushey.org/?page/osx_fonts

In Font Book, on my Mac, its name appears in Bengali script. To see
what features it has I ran "AAT-info.tex" with the following:

	\def\myfontname{সোলাইমান লিপি}

but I got this error message:

This is XeTeXk, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.999.6 (Web2C 7.5.7)
  %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
(./AAT-info.texkpathsea: Invalid fontname
`সোলাইমান
‡¶≤‡¶ø‡¶™‡¶ø', contains '‡'

! Font \testfont="সোলাইমান লিপি" at 10.0pt not
loadable
: Metric (TFM) file or installed font not found.
l.7 \font\testfont="\myfontname" at 10pt

?

I think there's no typing error in the name of the font. For the "o"
of "Solaiman" I've tried both composed and decomposed forms, without
success. Does it mean that XeTeX doesn't accept a font name in Bengali
or that there's an error in the font? Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Yves