[XeTeX] Rename xltxtra to xelatex? (Was: No underdot in Adobe Garamond Pro?)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu May 7 20:20:28 CEST 2009

Am 07.05.2009 um 18:35 schrieb Joachim Trinkwitz:

> I've seen so many newbies on this list who
> missed this way to load both xunicode and fontspec, and changing the
> name seems to me a sensible way to make the use of all three packages
> and thus of XeLaTeX much more transparent.

No, no! This has nothing to do with transparency, but with its
reverse. You don't see that so many other packages are loaded in a
clandestine way. When is xunicode needed? Only when you're living
with an amateur editor that does not allow you to type Unicode
characters for which you then use LaTeX macros from last millennium.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Der größte Aberglaube der Gegenwart ist der Glaube an die Vorfahrt.
				- Jacques Tati