[XeTeX] No underdot in Adobe Garamond Pro?

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Thu May 7 12:02:27 CEST 2009

El may 7, 2009, a las 2:25 p.m., Benct Philip Jonsson escribió:

> On 2009-05-07 Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>> \d{A}, \d{n}
>>

> Isn't the whole point with Xe(La)TeX not to
> have to use things like \d{}?
>
> Says I who use a Vim keymap to have ".d"
> automagically replaced by "ḍ".  I guess
> nobody (and nosoftware) is perfect, but
> the resulting file is more readable:
>
> \textit{daṇḍin}
>
> vs.
>
> \textit{da\d{n}\d{d}in}
>
> Yuck!

I don't disagree, but sometimes it is helpful to maintain a file to be
able to work with plain LaTeX also with a minimum of change
(especially in case one has collaborators who use only LaTeX).  Or
perhaps, after well over a decade of using LaTeX and just some months
of Xe(La)TeX, my LaTeX vāsanā is still strong and I still think ASCII
and lots of backslashes.  In time, perhaps, I shall become a proper
Unicode zealot.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao