[XeTeX] No underdot in Adobe Garamond Pro?

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Thu May 7 11:36:01 CEST 2009

El may 7, 2009, a las 12:55 p.m., Ulrike Fischer escribió:

> Am Thu, 7 May 2009 09:17:23 +0530 schrieb Shrisha Rao:
>

>> Yes, that does it for me too; thanks.  The polyglossia package must
>> be
>> loaded later, and the correct order is apparently
>> \usepackage{xunicode,xltxtra}
>
> That's not the correct order.

I meant correct for the purpose of reproducing the result that
Rembrandt W. was mentioning, not in the sense of overall acceptability.

> I don't have Garamond pro but I tried with calibri which hasn't the
> glyphs either. Try the following with your font. Try at first if the
> \Undeclare-command helps. If not use the \mydaccent.

Thanks much.

The file test2.pdf is the output straight from your source.  The file
does not compile when the \Undeclare is uncommented, generating the
following log in part:

** ERROR ** Invalid glyph index (gid 1127)

Output file removed.
  )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file test2.pdf may not be valid.

Your \mydaccent command also works in case of Adobe Garamond Pro, and
the non-Adobe Garamond.  See test.tex, test.pdf.  (The overlined
characters are still messed up in the latter, perhaps they need to be
redefined likewise.)

Regards,

Shrisha Rao