[XeTeX] How to let XeTeX use pdftex.map automatically?

mathmhb@gmail mhbezine2009 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:54:18 CEST 2009

Hi,

Does anybody know how to directly use map files of PdfTeX in XeTeX?

I raise this question because I find that when I compile some LaTeX
documents with XeTeX, some fonts in the generated pdf file are Type3
instead of Type1 although these fonts have been configured well with
PdfTeX for using Type1 fonts (*.pfb). The Type1 fonts are already there
and set correctly in my texmf.cnf.

With this post, I want to know more details on using Type 1 fonts in
XeTeX. Especially which map files will be searched during the running of
XeTeX. And I want to know whether the support to Type1 fonts should be
configured with fc-cache. If it is so, then how should I configure
fc-cache to work with Type1 fonts? It seems that the reference manual
focuses on TrueType of OpenType fonts.

I'd like to thank anybody who can help me:-)

---
Best regards,

mathmhb