[XeTeX] Tabular figures

Andrew Moschou andmos at gmail.com
Tue May 5 00:25:38 CEST 2009

As stated, load Minion Pro using the fontspec package. Something like the
following might be adequate:

\documentlcass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont[Numbers={OldStyle,Proportional}]{Minion Pro}
\begin{document}
These 123 are oldstyle, proportional figures.
\addfontfeature{Numbers=Monospaced} These 123 are oldstyle, tabular figures.
\end{document}

Or instead of adding (or changing) font features, create a new font family
as Fr Michael shows.

Also note that you might receive erratic behaviour if you have different
versions Minion Pro installed in different locations (e.g. in your TeX tree
and in your system font folder). This method does not change the maths font.

If you have a lot of maths, you might find that PDFLaTeX and the MinionPro
package actually produces better results. But if you really want to use
XeLaTeX, then you should also use the mathspec and MnSymbol packages:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[MnSymbol]{mathspec}
\setprimaryfont[Numbers={OldStyle,Proportional}]{Minion Pro}
\setmathsfont[Set=Latin,Numbers={Monospaced,Lining}]{Minion Pro}
\setmathsfont[Set=Greek]{Minion Pro}
\begin{documnt}
et cetera. \[ \sum_{i=1}^\infty a_n x^n \]
\end{document}

(I didn't test the above examples because I don't have TeX installed at the
moment.)

Andrew