[XeTeX] unicode-math and \leq \geq

António Fernandes amfernandes at netcabo.pt
Mon May 4 11:51:48 CEST 2009

> You are right, this happens with other symbold as well. For example
> $ \sigma \sim N(0,1)$
> omits \sim as well...
>
>> Can you retry, adding the folowing line to your preamble:
>> 	\UnicodeMathSymbol{"02264}{\leq}{\mathrel}{}
>>
> Yes, I can fix it that way - but that is not how it is supposed to
> work, I guess...

No it is not. That line of code was directly extracted from a file
named unicode-math.tex containing a lot of declarations of that type.
That file must be alongside with your unicode-math.sty and several
other map files. If this is not your case (and I suspect it is not) it
means that you have missed some step in the package installation which
among other things requires that you run the script stix-extract.sh

Moreover after installation unicode-math.sty calls for a font that is
not Asana Math, according with the installation instructions you must
look at the end of that file and change the font to Asana Math.

Basically what I'm claiming is that if you follow strictly the
installation instructions, everything should work properly.

Good Luck
António Fernandes