[XeTeX] numbering parameters in XeTeX

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon May 4 09:57:05 CEST 2009

Am Sat, 2 May 2009 20:27:57 +1030 schrieb
vafa at live.com.au:

> Hello

> Is it possible to use Persian numbers for numbering parameters in
> XeTeX and if not, can this be done in the macro level?

I doubt it. Even if you somehow can trick XeTeX to accept the
persion numbers, parameters must be numbered consecutively.

(\def\test#2#3{abc} gives the same error you got).

This means you wouldn't have only to add the persian numbers to the
list of "numbers" for parameters, you would have to replace 1-9 with
the persian numbers -- and I don't think that this can work without
side effects.

--
Ulrike Fischer