[XeTeX] Syriac in Polyglossia

Sargon Hasso sargon.hasso at gmail.com
Fri May 1 03:12:15 CEST 2009

I am a new user to XeTeX, but not to LaTex. While browsing through old
archive, I came across this message. Syriac is my native language. And yes,
number presentation larger than 400 are common. I have a Syriac dictionary
published in 1896 that has 1128 pages and letter-based numerals are used in
addition to English (1128 == tau+resh+lamad+khait). Many church books
publication years are still printed in latter-based numerals. In fact there
is a system which Gareth mentioned. In fact even millions can be represneted
by, I believe, a caret or something like that. I do have a Syriac grammar
book published in the 1950's that has listed all the rules. I can send you
copies of those pages if you like.

Regads,
Sargon