[XeTeX] Newbie problem with \includegraphics and xelatex

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Mar 31 16:13:17 CEST 2009

Am Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:59:08 +0100 schrieb Brian Passingham:

> Hi Ulrike:
>
> 1) Graphic was in the same directory, which led me to the
> \graphicspath setting at some point yesterday.

graphics in the current directory are always found so you don't need
a \graphicspath -- and even if you would need it: you need an extra
pair of braces.

> 2) xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -vv" cutdown.tex gets me the
> relevant confession (thanks!) :
>
> ** WARNING ** Version of PDF file (1.4) is newer than version limit
> specification.
> [UNKNOWN]
> ** WARNING ** No image converter available for converting file
> "./plotivVEN.pdf" to PDF format.
> ** WARNING ** >> Please check if you have 'D' option in config file.
> )
> ** WARNING ** pdf: image inclusion failed for "./plotivVEN.pdf".
> ]
>
> So now we know what's wrong... Now : what can I  do about it?  I think
> there was some discussion of this some time ago - is it a .def file
> issue of some kind?

Try

 xelatex --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -vv -V 4"

or other numbers.

If it works: search for dvipdfmx.cfg and set there
V  <your number>

--
Ulrike Fischer