[XeTeX] Unicode space characters

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Fri Mar 20 00:46:59 CET 2009

> Another character to consider is U+034F COMBINING GRAPHEME
> JOINER, which should be used to inhibit diacritic stacking.

  I'd say the caveat I mentioned about ZWNJ also holds for CGJ:
processing this character is partly the responsibility of the font, not
only of the typesetting engine.  The example with the Hebrew vowel and
cantillation marks from the Wikipedia page (taken from the Unicode
Standard) shows exactly that.  It would be quite error-prone to try and
handle it at the macro level exclusively, in my opinion.

	Arthur