[XeTeX] Sanskrit Typesetting

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Thu Mar 19 10:51:56 CET 2009

Hello.

Le 19 mars 09 à 10:01, chandrasekhar s a écrit :

> I shall check and come back to you. I downloaded Devanagari since
> the package was not installed in the MiKTex 2.7 package manager.
>
> Is this command to use sanskrit \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-
> text,Script=devanagari]

Rather:
	\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text,Script=Devanagari]{name_of_a_font}
This is a fontspec command, to be used with XeteX.

Let's try and clarify things. What do you want to use? Standard TeX
with the "devnag" package or XeTeX (without the "devnag" package)? It
would be simpler to use the latter.

With XeTeX you could try the following example, copying it in a file
named test.tex for instance.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setmainfont[Script=Devanagari]{Sanskrit 2003}
\setdefaultlanguage{sanskrit}

\begin{document}

केनेषितं पतति प्रेषितं
मनः। केन प्राणः