[XeTeX] xdv to rtf, docx, or OpenOffice?

Charles de Miramon cmiramon at kde-france.org
Mon Mar 16 14:12:40 CET 2009

Tara Andrews wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm sure this must have come up before but I can't find anything in
> the archives.
>
> I have at this point used XeLaTeX very happily for two theses and for
> critical edition typesetting in Armenian; now I am submitting various
> things to journals and finding that my non-use of Word is a much
> bigger problem in my field than I'd anticipated.  At the same time, I
> really don't want to abandon TeX for Word, especially given the dodgy
> support of the latter for many Armenian fonts and for the weird
> transcription system that we use in the field.
>
> What I really need is a way to convert my articles to .doc format, and
> to preserve the footnotes.  I know there are various solutions for
> straight LaTeX; does anything similar exist for XeLaTeX?  How
> difficult would it be for such a thing to be created?
>
> -tara

Answering late.... You should try tex4ht that can convert from LaTeX / Xetex
to openoffice format.

Tex4ht is not very easy to install and use but if you are patient enough it
is quite powerful. It will keep your footnotes, most of your formatting,
bibliography formatted with bibtex or biblatex.

I do not know how it deals with Armenian script but you should try and
report bugs to the author if it does not work.

There is a convenience conversion script called ooxelatex

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org