[XeTeX] Colored Arabic in Tables

Tilman Hannemann tilmanh at uni-bremen.de
Wed Mar 11 19:16:10 CET 2009

Am 11.03.2009 um 18:01 schrieb Peter Dyballa:
Hello Pete,

>> - 1 is a color change inside tabularx with vocalized text
>
> I'm not completely sure what you exactly mean!

In Arabic writing ّّ"vocals" are actually these small accents above
the chars. Sorry if I got this not to the point. Ulrike's statement
about the role of "novoc" and "fullvoc" was quite accurate.

> A simplified test that you could perform better than me is to use
> only the bidi package and use other ways for this vocalisation, if
> they exist. Does tabularx perform without the arabxetex package used
> or loaded the same? (It seems so.) <- No.

I have tested this and, just for the records, it is quite obvious
that arabxetex causes in some way the problems. With plain utf8 input
inside tabularx it is possible to change color attributes without any
side effect.

Yours, Tilman