[XeTeX] Colored Arabic in Tables

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Mar 11 16:04:15 CET 2009

Am 10.03.2009 um 18:59 schrieb Tilman Hannemann:

> The minimal example below shows how changing the color inside the
> tabularx environment affects the subsequent behavior of ArabXeTeX
> and of Arabic font mapping in general:

I don't understand what you try to describe. By experimenting I found
that all text can stay black and that the accents are lost when I
change a bit your example. The way you select a colour is OK, and it
was found that the usual LaTeX colour packages don't work correctly
in a right to left writing environment.

By experimenting I found that when I add your "external" text inside
the tabularx environment, no matter whether on the one line or as
additional lines, the "accents" go away. And when I exchange the
coloured line with one of the two others, then no colour is
established outside the tabularx environment. But the colour returns
when I put one of the two other lines as substitute into the tabularx
environment – now no "accents" are visible!

IMO opinion it has to do with arabxetex.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and
I'm not sure about the former.
				– Albert Einstein