[XeTeX] Colored Arabic in Tables

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Mar 11 00:48:23 CET 2009

Hello Tilman,

On 11/03/2009, at 4:59 AM, Tilman Hannemann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on rather complex project that involves mixed Arabic
> and German text, tables, textboxes (with TikZ), and colored parts
> inside the Arabic text. So far, colored Arabic looks really fine
> thanks to the approach described in the bidi documentation.
> However, I discovered that tabularx causes some unexpected problems
> as I wanted to switch the vocalization modes of ArabXeTeX. (There
> might be another problem with failing color definitions as well,
> but in that case, I still have to figure out the culprit.) The
> minimal example below shows how changing the color inside the
> tabularx environment affects the subsequent behavior of ArabXeTeX
> and of Arabic font mapping in general: In both cases, there should
> be no sukkun above the ha', and frankly,

When I process your example, with

   This is XeTeXk, Version 3.141592-2.2-0.997 (Web2C 7.5.6)

all I get for the 'ha' and 'h' characters are the latin letters.

Ahah, here's the missing piece:

    Font mapping `arabtex-fdf2alif-fullvoc.tec' for font
`Scheherazade' not found.

This wasn't in the  arabxetex.zip   distribution on CTAN.
Where can I get this module?
   (it's not at  http://scripts.sil.org/svn-public/xetex/TRUNK/ )

> I haven't the faintest idea of what is going here. So, I would be
> glad if anyone could lead me in the right direction...

Without that .tec module, I don't think that I can help.

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross at maths.mq.edu.au