[XeTeX] xdv to rtf, docx, or OpenOffice?

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Sun Mar 8 19:44:15 CET 2009

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 8 Mar 2009, at 17:13, Tara Andrews wrote:
>> All sorts of stupid little reasons actually.  You'd be surprised.  At
>> the moment when I know I'm going to need something in Word I usually
>> type it up in a text editor and then copy/paste it over.  For
>> instance, copy/paste is the only way I can get the [ character in any
>> Word document,
>
> It sounds to me like what you really need is some help in sorting out
> Word and/or system/keyboard/font setup issues. It should be perfectly
> well able to cope with that, as well as with whatever transcription
> characters you need, etc.

I use MsWord all the time (both 2003 and, to my distaste, 2007), and
have never run into a problem with inputting characters, much less the
ASCII '['.  I'm not going to try to convert anyone to Word (I wouldn't
be on this list if I thought it was the complete answer), but the
problems you're having with it don't sound to me like they're caused by
Word.
--
    Mike Maxwell
    What good is a universe without somebody around to look at it?