[XeTeX] Fontspec and folio

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sun Jun 28 21:28:46 CEST 2009

Stephen Moye wrote:

> I think that the folio is setup fairly early on. So, it would be
>
>     \setmainfont[Numbers={OldStyle}]{Minion Pro}
>
> that is determining the format of the folio. If you change that to
>
>     \setmainfont[Numbers={OldStyle,Proportional}]{Minion Pro}
>
> then the folios will be set using proportional numerals. This may
> entail other formatting changes for you, however.

Thank you, Stephen. But this is where I first started to have problems.
If I set the main font with Proportional numbers, then the ToC gets
them, too --- which is precisely what I'd like to avoid (the page number
entries don't line up and look really bad).

So, nothing has been resolved yet.

I've attached the sample again with multiplied \chapter entries ... and
the \setmainfont is for Proportional so you can see how bad it looks.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery