[XeTeX] Problem getting ffi ligature

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Jun 27 00:39:51 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 10:30:36PM +0200, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 26.06.2009 um 21:08 schrieb Khaled Hosny:
>
>>> for i in *.otf; do ./ffl_ffi.py $i; done
>

> On BSD systems like Mac OS X it also works with
>
> 	sudo apply <path to saved>/ffl_ffi.py texgyretermes-*.otf
>
> Afterwards, after renaming, I needed to launch Font Book in Mac OS X and
> select the fonts that XɘTeX would find them. Great Success!

Well, I attach a new one that trays to be smart, it'll process all files
passed to it in the command line and saves new files in a "new/" subdir,
and the previous version were actually failing on several fonts. So, now
"./ffi_ffl.py *.otf" is enough.

Lets hope that GUST will fix those fonts some day (and fix their
licensing issues so that we can actually get those fonts distributed
beyond TeX world)

Regards,
 Khaled

--