[XeTeX] Problem getting ffi ligature

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Jun 26 19:44:20 CEST 2009

Dr J.D. Billett wrote:

> I've obviously made a mess of this, as now xelatex is typesetting the
> whole book in bfseries!  GUST wrote back and said the problem is with
> the developers.  I'll just have to hope for the best, I guess.

I think earlier you followed someone's advice to modify the font with
FontForge, no?

Well, FYI, when I tried to modify a font with FontForge (it was an
OpenType font) when I generated the font for use, something similar
happened as you describe --- the whole document in bold.

I'm on Mac OS 10.4.11 --- whereas someone else on 10.5 didn't have this
problem.

I don't know if the issue is the same, but I'm aware of font issues and
different versions of Mac.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma