[XeTeX] Unicode hyphenation patterns

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Fri Jun 26 16:31:11 CEST 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:17:18 +0100, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> It sounds as though you're working with an old distribution; already
> in TL 2008, the hyphenation patterns had been converted to Unicode,
> and were loaded appropriately for xetex or 8-bit engines via a system
> of "wrappers" in the utf8-hyph package. You shouldn't need to do
> anything more than simply use what TL provides.

Maybe my memory is failing me in my olde age...nah, can't be!

To be honest, I'm not sure.  We're running the texlive 2008 distribution,
which I installed on our Linux system.  I *thought* I remembered having to
twiddle the hyphenation patterns, but maybe I'm wrong.  And I don't feel
like un-installing it and re-installing it :-).

   Mike Maxwell