[XeTeX] teckit library issue

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jun 19 15:19:28 CEST 2009

Am 19.06.2009 um 15:01 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

>> Of course. You can invoke 'make -n install' in xetex/Work/libs/
>> teckit/bin
>> and you'll see that it would install in TeX.
>
>   Then that's probably the problem.  ld surely won't find libraries
> there by default.

When creating an executable that uses shared libraries you can record
in it the path to the shared libraries. The -R option of ld does this
and gcc too has a switch to arrange such things. (And GNU/Linux can
be prepared to look for shared libraries in many places.)

I still would like to know why the executable was built to use shared
libraries since I think XeTeX is set up to be linked to static
libraries ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.