[XeTeX] cmyk problem

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Jun 18 18:40:58 CEST 2009

On Jun 18, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Tilman Hannemann wrote:

> for a two color process printing, I need to have a cmyk color
> document with only two channels used, i.e., magenta and black. Some
> color switches in my document rely on fontspec's \addfontfeature
> command as they are inside of right-to-left text (an issue already
> discussed here). However, fontspec provides only colors based on
> html definitions of rgb colors. Converted to cmyk, html
> "magenta" (FF00FF) is, of course, made of cyan and magenta. I have
> tried today a number of possible tricks or workarounds, like
> \maskcolors from the xcolor package, but without any success so far.
> Does somebody of you has an idea how to address this problem?

\usepackage[xetex]{color}

and commands like to:

\newcommand{\cmykwhite}[1]{\special{color push}\special{color cmyk 0 0
0 0}#1\special{color pop}}%

(though the above definition may have issues --- if anyone would care
to correct or improve it I'd be grateful)

Or post-process your .pdf w/ a tool like PitStop replacing the colours
as need be.

William

--
William Adams