[XeTeX] Emulating font extension

Vadim Radionov vadim.radionov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:38:16 CEST 2009

Yes, you are right.  I installed it too and also the missing freefont2.

But, unfortunately, things become even worse.  If I compile you example, I get

---------------------------
This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9994.0 (Web2C 7.5.6)
**\relax
entering extended mode

*\font\y="Newton:extend=1.1" at 12pt \y Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs.

*\bye
[1]
Output file removed.

Error 256 (driver return code) generating output;
file texput.pdf may not be valid.
Transcript written on texput.log.

(Newton is local Times with cyrillic).  My main job compliles, but
there appears no
stretching, only spaces between normal characters.