[XeTeX] Xetex and Komascript Compatibility

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jun 16 22:53:47 CEST 2009

Am 16.06.2009 um 22:10 schrieb Thomas Gyger:

>> KOMA is obviously not handling ' as an apostroph -- whether this is a
>> bug or a (typographic) feature, I dare not say. Might be you'd
>> like to
>> contact Markus Kohm about this?

I installed the LaTeX MinionPro package and modified your test file,
changing its header to:

	\documentclass{book}
	\usepackage{ifxetex}
	\ifxetex
	%    \usepackage{fontspec}
	%    \usepackage{xunicode}
	    \usepackage{xltxtra}
	%    \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
	    \usepackage{polyglossia}
	    \setmainfont{Minion Pro}
	    \setdefaultlanguage{french}
	\else
	    \usepackage{cmap}
	    \usepackage{MinionPro}
	    \usepackage[french]{babel}
	    \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
	    \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
	\fi
	\usepackage{typearea}
	\listfiles

In this form pdfTeX and XeTeX create such output (combined, below is
obviously XeTeX):