[XeTeX] Polyglossia problem

L J Davies ljdavies at cimbri.nildram.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 11:33:58 CEST 2009

Hello Nicolas,

That is the version of polyglossia that I used when I tested your minimal example with the nolocalmarks option. It is also the version that I use for my own documents.

Page 4 of the polyglossia manual explains that the nolocalmarks option prevents the package from redefining the internal \markboth and \markright macros. If you set a language option in polyglossia, then the package redefines those two macros. Using the nolocalmarks option prevents this, and so is one way to get the result you are after.

Kind regards,

Lars