[XeTeX] Polyglossia problem

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Jun 15 15:30:43 CEST 2009

Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

> The problem I'm having is loading polyglossia and later using custom
> headers (at least for the memoir class).
> I end up with a bunch of error messages and some strange output, e.g.:
> on the half-title page, there are 2 stray words: ``latin latin'' at
> the top of the page as well as the word ``latin'' at the beginning of
> the ToC.

> I've tried loading
>
> \usepackage[nolocalmarks, latin]{polyglossia}
>
> as well as
>
> \usepackage[nolocalmarks]{polyglossia}
> \setdefaultlanguage{latin}

False alarm!

Sorry to François if he's annoyed at user stupidity ... I removed the
nolocalmarks option and everything runs fine! Maybe customizing the
\leftmark and \rightmark and then telling polyglossia that there are
nolocalmarks is something of a contradiction, no? That seems to have
been my mistake.

I suspect that for /me/ the problem originated a long time ago, in
pre-polyglossia days when I had the teTeX installation and I was using
gtamachoefler package ... a long and sad story, indeed.

But the happy ending is another satisfied polyglossia user! Sorry for
the trouble.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma