[XeTeX] Xetex and Komascript Compatibility

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Fri Jun 12 16:21:08 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Peter Dyballa<Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 12.06.2009 um 08:17 schrieb teginch at bluewin.ch:

>> 2. Does anybody have some suggestions for a fix or workaround ?
>
> You mean the over-full box? Change the text, change the font, change the
> width of text (no textarea, but geometry), apply more kerning, remove the
> unbreakable space characters.

You can also look at the .log file and check that TeX isn't missing a
chance to hyphenate. Look at the last word of the overfull line in the
log and TeX will show you where it could be hyphenated and if there
aren't any, look in a good dictionary to see how the word can be
hyphenated and add a \hyphenation command in your preamble to tell TeX
how to hyphenate the word. For example, here's what I have in a book
I'm working on:

\hyphenation{Net-scape Java-Script Quick-Check flow-charts Small-talk
man-u-script man-u-scripts da-ta-base da-ta-bases}

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel
http://www.codersatwork.com/