[XeTeX] Ligatures question

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 2 22:06:12 CEST 2009

I must be a non-resident classicist then!  But thanks for fleshing out the details.

I meant to add that ct, st, sh, Qu, and whatever other kind of ornamental ligs, swash caps, etc. are available are indeed just a matter of taste, and if you want a flamboyant effect, by all means go ahead (*trying* not to over-egg the pudding - it is the word-processor's disease to use every trick available, while typographers should exercise restraint).  But as should be clear, use of the ae/oe glyphs in Latin would diminish the edition in the eyes of those who are in a position to read the Latin in the first place.

John