[XeTeX] Unicode editor on Mac (for indian languages like devanagari, kannada etc)

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Thu Jul 30 16:54:58 CEST 2009

Hi Sreenivasa,

Have you tried TeXworks?  (See
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list for a recent Mac
binary).  This is what I use--simple, but gets the job done with no fuss.

I am away from home and don't have access to my Mac, so maybe others can
help you more, But I am surprised to hear that TextEdit (I assume that's
what you mean when you typed Texedit) doesn't work.  I don't know any
Indian languages but have used it for several other languages and it has
always been well behaved.  I assume you have enabled the appropriate
keyboard in System Preferences/International.

Best wishes,
David