[XeTeX] Unicode editor on Mac (for indian languages like devanagari, kannada etc)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jul 30 16:53:01 CEST 2009

Am 30.07.2009 um 16:10 schrieb Sreenivasa Guttal:

> I have been using gedit on ubuntu (with scim method) to edit
> xelatex source
> files for indian language files fo far. Now, I have a new mac
> system and
> wanted to know what is the good editor for the same purpose.

GNU Emacsen with AUCTeX, best those of version 23. It's possible that
they'll have problems with ligatures and presentation forms. How are
these?

	Bengali (বাংলা)	নমস্কার
	Gujarati (ગુજરાતી)	નમસ્તે
	Hindi (हिंदी)	नमस्ते / नमस्कार ।
	Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ)	ನಮಸ್ಕಾರ
	Malayalam (മലയാളം)	നമസ്കാരം
	Oriya (ଓଡ଼ିଆ)	ଶୁଣିବେ
	Tamil (தமிழ்)	வணக்கம்
	Telugu (తెలుగు)	నమస్కారం

Native Mac OS X versions seem to work better (because of the fonts
installed in the system).

--
Greetings

   Pete