[XeTeX] bidi and hyperref in XeTeX (was: bidi package abilities and lshort in Persia)

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Sun Jul 26 15:08:22 CEST 2009

If the document contains, in effect,

>   preceding text \special{color push rgb 1 0 0} red and more red
> \special{color pop} following text
>
> how exactly would \beginspecial and \endspecial be used, and what is their
> effect? I don't think I understand yet, sorry.

Ahmad Yazdipour today replied and he actually sent the patch for
implementing \semihalign (I alread talked to you about that with all the
details and If I recall correctly, you said "if there is a patch, you
consider adding this primitive to XeTeX".) , \beginspecial and \endspecial.
I have attached the code with this email.

and this is what he said (I would forward his original email to the list but
since it is written in Persian, I send the English translation of it.

"\beginspecial has two arguments, one of the argument is about the start of
special and the other argument is about the end of special \endspecial does
not have any arguments and its argument is the second argument of
\beginspecial. So in your example \beginspecial and \endspecial would be
used in the following way:

preceding text \b‌e‌g‌i‌n‌s‌p‌e‌c‌i‌a‌l{c‌o‌l‌o‌r p‌u‌s‌h r‌g‌b 1 0
0}{c‌o‌l‌o‌r p‌o‌p} r‌e‌d a‌n‌d m‌o‌r‌e  r‌e‌d  \e‌n‌d‌s‌p‌e‌c‌i‌a‌l
‌fo‌l‌l‌o‌w‌i‌n‌g t‌e‌x‌t w‌o‌u‌l‌d w‌o‌r‌k l‌i‌k‌e y‌o‌u‌r example

Therefore in the lines scan algorithm, in the end of each line, the argument
of \endspecial (second argument of \beginspecial) and in the  beginning of
next line, the argument of \beginspecial (first argument) will be added."

So Jonathan, this is all the details and implementation attached with this
email, Can you please once you see it and look at it, reply about your
decisions? I have tried my best so that issues will get fixed but the rest
is up to yourself.

Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi