[XeTeX] Eq multi-labeling problem (with file)

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Thu Jul 23 14:33:31 CEST 2009

At 9:49 AM +0200 7/23/09, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>Am Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:50:40 -0400 schrieb Alan Munn:
>
>>>\usepackage{fontspec,fontenc,xunicode,xltxtra,xgreek} %
>>
>>  don't use fontenc with xetex; also you don't need to load fontspec
>>  and xunicode separately when you load xltxtra, so this should be:
>>
>>  \usepackage{xltxtra,xgreek}
>
>Which will load fontenc too as fontspec is loading it:
>
>\RequirePackage[\zf at enc]{fontenc}
>
>There is no problem to load and use fontenc with xetex! There are
>cases where you actually need it (e.g. to use chessfonts). And there
>is no problem to load it more than once with different options.
>
>You should only be careful about the order you load it. Like with
>babel, the last option will determine the encoding at the start of
>the document. And with xetex this should be the encoding set by
>fontspec and not T1 or OT1. So in general fontspec should be loaded
>after fontenc.

Thanks for explaining this.  I guess I've just seen too many people
be wrong that I just got into the habit of thinking that the two are
incompatible.  Or maybe I was thinking inputenc.

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736