[XeTeX] bidi and hyperref in XeTeX (was: bidi package abilities and lshort in Persia)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:04:37 CEST 2009

On 23 Jul 2009, at 12:19, Vafa Khalighi wrote:

> I already told Jonathan about it. Good luck with it but I actually
> have no hope that Jonathan would fix the issue inside XeTeX engine
> by either adding more primitives or fixing TeX--XeT algorithm.

I don't know.... first I'd have to understand what is proposed. I'm
aware of the problem, but not sure what is the best way to address it.
You mentioned "\beginspecial" and "\endspecial" primitives recently,
but I haven't seen any explanation of what these are, and how they
resolve the issues. Are they documented somewhere? Just quoting chunks
of Omega code doesn't really help me understand the request. Start
with documentation of what you expect these primitives to do, then I
can consider whether it's appropriate and feasible to incorporate them
in xetex.