[XeTeX] Polyglossia and Arabic (texlive 2009)

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Mon Jul 20 13:54:32 CEST 2009

> Also, dates are always in English whether Hijri or Georgian, I think
> \if at rl is unset (always false), may be an incompatibility introduced in
> the latest bidi package?

replacing \if at rl with \if at RTL fixes the issue:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\def\datearabic{%
 \def\today{%
  \if at hijrical%
    \Hijritoday[\@hijri at correction]%
  \else%
    \if at RTL%
       \arabicnumber\day\space\@@arabic at month{\month}%
        \space\arabicnumber\year%
    \else% in LR environment we format the gregorian date within
\textenglish
       \ifcsdef{english at loaded}{\textenglish{\today}}%else US format
       {\normalfontlatin\ifcase\month\or January\or February\or March\or
April\or May\or June\or%
       July\or August\or September\or October\or November\or December\fi%
       \space\number\day,\space\number\year}%
    \fi%
 \fi}}

Also see attached file.