[XeTeX] Omega bidirectional primitives or more primitives for RTL typesetting

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Wed Jul 15 16:33:26 CEST 2009

Hi Jonathan

Do you have any plan of integrating omega bidirectional primitives into
XeTeX or perhaps adding more primitives for RTL typesetting. I personally
like TeX--XeT bidirectional primitives over omega because I believe it is
more stable than omega's bidirectional primitives but if we could fix issues
with color and hyperref, then the issue of color and hyperref would be
fixed. I looked at TeX-e-Parsi's source code and I can send you the web
source code if you want. What they have done is they implemnted two new
primitives \beginspecial and \endspecial and they put special materials
between these two primitives and color works nice in TeX-e-Parsi without any
issue.

Also if you could add a new primitive \semihalign which I talked to you
later, would be really great. This primitive also exists in TeX-e-Parsi
source code and I guess it would not be too difficult for you to take the
code  from TeX-e-parsi and apply that code to XeTeX or perhaps you could use
omega bidirectional primitives instead this.

What do you think?

I tried several times to add these two primitives from TeX-e-Parsi source
code into XeTeX but when I compiled, it just simply failed.