[XeTeX] Bug report: How to use Chinese Font HYCuSongJ in XeTeX? (mathmhb at gmail)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 3 17:48:41 CEST 2009

On 3 Jul 2009, at 13:11, mathmhb at gmail wrote:

> hi, everyone,
>
> It seems that nobody care my question on using Chinese font HYCuSongJ.
>
> I need to re-raise this question since I doubt that this may be a
> bug of XeTeX.
>
> The font HYCuSongJ is a valid TTF file and it can be displayed in
> Windows quite well.
>
> However, I cannot use it in XeTeX like using other normal Chinese
> fonts although fc-cache can correctly recognize this font.
>
> It may be a bug of XeTeX. If any of you can check this font
> carefully and tell me why, I would appreciate your time and efforts.
> Thanks!

I was going to take a look at the font, but when I tried the link on
flyupload.com, it didn't appear to download the font (perhaps because
my browser has pop-ups disabled?); on the other hand, it did try to
open multiple "pop-under" windows with irritating ads on my computer.
So I didn't pursue this any further; I don't want to deal with a site
that behaves in such a way.

If there's an alternative way to take a look at the font, I'll try
again, but I won't go back to flyupload.

JK