[XeTeX] Font not found error

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:34:45 CEST 2009

On 2 Jul 2009, at 13:17, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:28:38 +0100 schrieb Dr J.D. Billett:
>

>> Any thoughts on what's going wrong here?  I can't figure out why I
>> can't get ANY version of TeX Gyre Termes to be recognized by xelatex.

Maybe it's too obvious a question, but have you tried completely
rebooting the system? Perhaps things have become a little confused
through installing and removing different fonts with the same name
while a running program was using them.

> On windows (miktex) I would try at first fc-cache -f to rebuild the
> font cache of xetex. I don't know if this command exist also for
> your system.

No, on Mac OS X, xetex does not use fontconfig, so fc-cache (which may
or may not be present exist, depending whether you have X11 installed)
is not relevant.