[XeTeX] Help

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Jan 20 23:52:32 CET 2009

Am 20.01.2009 um 19:12 schrieb chandrasekhar s:

> I request you to help me out regarding this matter in a Piquant manner
> so that i can understand how i can Unicode in Windows.

I think it's a question of two things: an Unicode capable text editor
and of fonts providing math symbols. Asana Math in TeX Live 2008 is a
good choice, then there is the STIX font project that never will get
finished? MS is providing Cambria Math. There is a third element:
Unicode introduced the SMP, the Supplementary Multilingual Plane, in
which mathematical letters and digits appear in the usual four font
variants and as serif, script, fraktur, double-struck, sans-serif,
and monospaced versions of Latin and also some versions of Greek.
Using Unicode you don't need to use TeX math packages and a lot of 8-
bit fonts with very specific and irregular encodings. OK, there is a
fourth problem: OpenType fonts have no real and standardised math
support (like for example kerning or vertical positioning or size
adjusting). And when you start to use Unicode math a fifth problem
will show up: your document will not be LaTeX compliant.

Will Robertson is assembling a XeTeX Unicode math package at http://
groups.google.com/group/unimath.

--
Greetings